The QRP Challenge online
on January 1st 2008)
Challenge begins every year on January 1st at 00h00 UTC
We are happy to welcome you in this informal site. No association or any club behind. Just some freinds taht like qrp and want to to do RNW (Radio, Nature, Walking). Have fun !
In first place, you have to register on this site.
Then you can upgrade score when you want / you need...
CHALLENGE QRP/p : Km PER WATT
Promote QRP portable operations with “light” equipment, as well as the longest distance in kilometers with as few watts as possible.
QRP portable station
- Transceiver : homemade or commercial
- Power : 5
watts in CW and DIGI / 10 watts in SSB
- Antenna : no
restriction, but remain within the QRP spirit
- Power : 12
volts (battery, or solar panel), no 220V no generator
- QTH : will be considered portable station anyone using “light” equipment, situated beyond 500 m from his usual QRA.
- Contacts shall not be made from a man-made building.
4 points for a contact to fixed or portable station.
There will be a bonus of 10 points for any portable operation (with a minimum of 5 QSO made), or 15 points for any portable operation between November and February (with a minimum of 5 QSO made)
QSOs made during
contests may not be accounted for in the classification
- - During portable operations, you shall respect the environnement, as well as obey the rules of your license.
- - Use a headset or a hear plug so as not to disturb nature.
- - You are encouraged to take pictures or film of your operation, in order to share your experience with equipment building, your tests and your traffic with the other portable traffic or QRP fans.
Fixed QRP station
- Transceiver : homemade or commercial
: 5 watts in CW and DIGI / 10 watts in SSB
- Antenna : no restriction, but remain within the QRP spirit
- Power : no restriction
- 1 point for contact between any 2 fixed stations
- 4 points ffrom fixed station to portable station
- QSOs made
during contests may not be accounted for in the classification
- You shall obey the rules of your license, as well as the expected courtesy in pile-ups.
- So as to promote portable operations, you are invited to call these stations (whether they are close or farther) that make efforts in going out to operate QRP and give out points.
Frequencies and modes suggested for the QRP/p challenge : Km per watt
- CW : 3560,
7030, 10116, 14060, 18086, 21060, 24906, 28060, 50200, 144050, 432050
- SSB :3760,
7090,-------, 14285, 18160, 21285, 24950, 28360, 50260, 144300, 432200
- DIGI 3,581, 7,036, 10,141,
14,071, 18,096, 21,071, 24916, 28,071, 50271, 144071, 432071
CQ KMPW, CQ KMPW de F8xxx
RS(T) (real please) + Locator (so as to calculate the exact distance)
Km per watt
Total kilometers divided by the number of watts
Number of QSOs multiplied by the applicable point scale
The QRP/p kilometer per watt challenge is to remain flexible : no date, no time, no precise QTH.
You go out where, when and how you wish, to operate QRP/p, and improve your kilometer per wwatt ratio.
Keep the “QRP spirit” at all times...
Update and classification
In order to maintain a permanent interest in the Challenge throughout the year, participants are invited to update their classification, “hunters” and/or “activators”, and indicate what kind of equipment they are/were using. So visit :
Challenge start date : January 1st 2008
- The 10 point bonus is applicable only to portable stations. It rewards the efforts of someone who goes out, certainly for his own pleasure, but also to give out points to the fixed stations. This bonus is to be added to the portable operation total QSO points.
- The 15 point bonus is applicable to portable stations only for operations from November to February included. It rewards the efforts of someone going out during the season when the weather is not the best incentive to do so. This bonus is to be added to the portable operation total QSO points.
Any operation will be conducted under the sole responsability of the operator